主題

帖子

積分

注册会员

積分
發表於 2024-2-13 11:38:42 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
Writing with AI
This post isn’t to dismiss AI.

We absolutely love AI, and I use it regularly. If you use it, more power to you — but it has to be in a way that feels and sounds human. You can’t be lazy just because of it.

Compelling, human articles written with AI tools is high-powered and efficient writing. Articles that look and sound like AI is just trashy.

That’s why I’m writing this.

We writers can’t avoid AI, and we shouldn’t — we need to adapt and utilize any tools that the industry gives us and keep raising the standards of our craft. A big part of that is utilizing the efficiency and speed of AI, without compromising on your article’s humanity.

So if you want to use AI to write your articles, make sure to edit out these words.

1. Transformative
Example: “Semantic web methodologies propose a transformative approach by enhancing the depth of search engine understanding.”

AI giveaway: This obvious giveaway word overhypes whatever you’re trying to describe and sells it as something that changes the world. Not everything has to be “transformative.” It’s unnecessary and ostentatious.

Edit: Remove. Often, removing it won’t change the message whatsoever. But if absolutely needed, change it to something more mundane and simple.

2. Foster/fostering
Example: “It establishes a cohesive visual identity, fostering a sense of reliability and professionalism.”

AI giveaway: I particularly hate this word. It’s become a catch-all for writers who don’t know exactly what it is they are describing, and it’s so overused and non-descriptive. If I see more than two of these words in an entire article, I flag it.

Edit: Change it into something more specific, descriptive, and context-appropriate. Like create, build, forge, nurture, etc.

3. Tapestry/A tapestry of…
Example: “Knowledge graphs leverage semantic relationships, transforming data into a rich tapestry of interconnected knowledge.”

AI giveaway: ChatGPT uses this so often, and I’ve come to hate it with a passion. Anything connected doesn’t have to be a “tapestry” of anything. Sometimes they are just connected. Sometimes maybe even just related.

Edit: Remove or rephrase. It’s a dead giveaway.

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即注册

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港自由行-論壇 |網站地圖

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 17:37 , Processed in 0.029122 second(s), 23 queries .