英语文章

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

注册会员

積分
發表於 2021-11-28 17:42:10 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
我父亲是个自学成才的曼陀林琴手,他是我们镇最优秀的弦乐演奏者之一。他看不懂乐谱,但是如果听几次曲子,他就能演奏出来。当他年轻一点的时候,他是一个小乡村乐队的成员。他们在当地舞厅演奏,有几次还为当地广播电台演奏。他经常告诉我们,自己如何试演,如何在佩茜?克莱恩作为主唱的乐队里占一席之位。他告诉家人,一旦被聘用就永不回头。父亲是一个很严谨的人,他讲述了他试演的那天,很多人在喝酒,咒骂,他不想呆在那种环境里。
  My father was a self-taught mandolin player. He was one of the best string instrument players in our town. He could not read music, but if he heard a tune a few times, he could play it. When he was younger, he was a member of a small country music band. They would play at local dances and on a few occasions would play for the local radio station. He often told us how he had auditioned and earned a position in a band that featured Patsy Cline as their lead singer. He told the family that after he was hired he never went back. Dad was a very religious man. He stated that there was a lot of drinking and cursing the day of his audition and he did not want to be around that type of environment.

主題

帖子

積分

注册会员

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2021-11-28 17:42:46 | 顯示全部樓層
有时候,父亲会拿出曼陀林,为家人弹奏。我们三个小孩:翠莎、蒙蒂和我,还有乔治通常会伴唱。唱的有:《田纳西华尔兹》和《海港之光》,到了圣诞节,就唱脍炙人口的《银铃》:"银铃,银铃,城里来了圣诞节。"歌声充满了整个房子。父亲最爱的其中一首赞歌是《古老的十字架》。我们很小的时候就学会歌词了,而且在父亲弹唱的时候,我们也跟着唱。我们经常一起唱的另外一首歌来自沃特?迪斯尼的系列片:《戴维?克罗克特》。父亲只要听了两遍就弹起来了,"戴维,戴维?克罗克特,荒野边疆的国王。"那是我们家最喜欢的歌曲。他知道我们喜欢那首歌和那个节目,所以每次节目结束后,他就拿出曼陀林弹奏。我永远不能明白他如何能听完几遍后就能把一首曲子弹得那么好。我热爱唱歌,但我没有学会如何弹奏曼陀林,这是我遗憾至今的事情。

Occasionally, Dad would get out his mandolin and play for the family. We three children: Trisha, Monte and I, George Jr., would often sing along. Songs such as the Tennessee Waltz, Harbor Lights and around Christmas time, the well-known rendition of Silver Bells. "Silver Bells, Silver Bells, its Christmas time in the city" would ring throughout the house. One of Dad's favorite hymns was "The Old Rugged Cross". We learned the words to the hymn when we were very young, and would sing it with Dad when he would play and sing. Another song that was often shared in our house was a song that accompanied the Walt Disney series: Davey Crockett. Dad only had to hear the song twice before he learned it well enough to play it. "Davey, Davey Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier" was a favorite song for the family. He knew we enjoyed the song and the program and would often get out the mandolin after the program was over. I could never get over how he could play the songs so well after only hearing them a few times. I loved to sing, but I never learned how to play the mandolin. This is something I regret to this day.

主題

帖子

積分

中级会员

積分
發表於 2022-2-23 11:24:32 | 顯示全部樓層

“绅士风度”怎么说

1. He is a muscle man.
他是个有肌肉的男人。

有些女孩子很欣赏那些肌肉很多的男人,老外们称之为 muscular type,也可以叫做 a muscle man。还有一个形容法就是He is beefy.
有一个说法叫 semi-muscular。Semi-muscular 就是指有点肌肉又不会太多(通常爱运动的男生都是这种类型),比如 I am semi-muscular with 6-pack ab. 6-pack ab 是指six piece of muscle on the abdomen,就是有六块腹肌的意思,也可以说成 washboard ab. (像洗衣板一样的腹肌)。

2. You should have chivalry.
你应该有点绅士风度。

西方国家有教养的男士们一般都会为女士开门,请女士先进电梯等等。这种Lady First和其他照顾女士的行为在中文里叫绅士风度,在英文中则叫骑士精神 (chivalry)。

3. I am the one-woman kinda man.
我是那种从一而终的男人。

“从一而终”这个词用来形容女性比较多,在英文中就是one-man woman,那相应的,男人的“从一而终”就是 one-woman man了。如果每个男人都能“从一而终”,那天下女士就“俱欢颜”了。kinda 在口语中常用,它是 kind of 的简写。
还有一种说法是 We are exclusive. 这个 exclusive 指的是排他的意思,所以当一对情侣说We are exclusive 时,就是说他们心中只有对方一人,都不会再去喜欢上别人。

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即注册

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港自由行-論壇 |網站地圖

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 03:12 , Processed in 0.033199 second(s), 23 queries .