IS LOVE BLIND?

[複製鏈接]

主題

帖子

積分

注册会员

積分
發表於 2022-10-5 14:14:02 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
As neuroscientist and best-selling author Abhijit Naskar once said, “The brain becomes illogical in the throes of new romance.” Something that makes it hard to figure out how to build healthy expectations and a sustainable connection is that in the beginning, love is blind. When you are in the midst of deep love, when the world is filled with rainbows and butterflies, everything your partner does is right. This is where the term “love is blind” comes from. You are so “blinded” by love that you cannot see any of your lover’s flaws.
Why is love blind? Why do we feel this way? Why do we act as though our partner doesn’t have any perceivable flaws or shortcomings? Because in the beginning, we are loving from our hearts, not our heads.

主題

帖子

積分

注册会员

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2022-10-5 14:14:22 | 顯示全部樓層
When you first get together with a romantic partner, it’s easy to block out any red flags or character flaws. You’re in the lusting phase of your relationship. In this heightened state of attraction, we tend to give our partners more leeway. There’s more space for them to make mistakes because the rules we have created within the relationships are different, and we have fewer of them. And in many cases, you don’t have any rules — you’re just thrilled to be in the same room with them. You feel lucky to have the opportunity to make them happy. No matter what they do or what they say, you are infatuated with the idea of them.

主題

帖子

積分

注册会员

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2022-10-5 14:15:10 | 顯示全部樓層
IS LOVE BLIND?  English + 中文

主題

帖子

積分

注册会员

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2022-10-5 14:16:12 | 顯示全部樓層
WHY LOVE IS BLIND
When you’re at the beginning of your relationship, you’re fully loving from the heart, instead of the head. You’re throwing caution to the wind and fully embracing this feeling of love and infatuation. This is why love is blind. When someone is loving from the heart, their thought process sounds like this:

“What would make my partner happy? What would turn them on? I am going to go to the ends of the earth to find out – and I’m going to have fun doing it. I’m going to have fun learning about them and enjoy exploring all kinds of things together. I’m going to feel alive, I’m going to make this relationship perfect.”

This experience happens to many of us. That’s why there are so many love is blind quotes and stories about this exact topic – it is incredibly relatable. At some point in our lives, almost all of us will meet someone who sweeps us off of our feet.. We will want to do everything in our power to keep the relationship going, regardless of the price on our mental or emotional health.

Where are the doubts? Where are the rules? If relationships were truly this easy, then every person on the planet would be in a happy union.

Where is the measuring of how much you are doing for your partner? How much are they doing for you? That’s right — it’s not there. When you are loving from your heart, in the “blind” stage, you don’t think about how much you are giving, and you don’t create ideals of how your partner doesn’t match up to the perfect partner in your mind.

So what brings that stage to an end? Why do we stop loving from the heart? When is love no longer blind?

主題

帖子

積分

注册会员

積分
 樓主| 發表於 2022-10-5 14:16:32 | 顯示全部樓層
IS LOVE BLIND?  English + 中文
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即注册

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|香港自由行-論壇 |網站地圖

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 22:29 , Processed in 0.036740 second(s), 23 queries .